Investments: milestones in the company´s history

1956

Start of epoxy resin development at the Leuna site. Introduction of the Epilox® brand name, which has continued to stand for outstandingly high-quality epoxy resins right through to the present day.

1995

Privatisation of the epoxy resin business area of the LEUNA Werke – foundation of today’s LEUNA-Harze GmbH.

1998 bis 2007

Building and commissioning of new plants for the production of epoxy resin. Step by step increase in production capacity of liquid resins from 8,000 to 40,000 tonnes per year.

2004 bis 2008

Step by step increase in production capacity of reactive diluents to 7,000 tonnes per year.

2006 bis 2008

Commissioning of plants for manufacturing of bisphenol F: the first step on the way to backwards integrated epoxy resin production.

2012

Commissioning of chlor-alkali electrolysis and epichlorohydrin plants: the second step on the way to backwards integration. The saline wastewater from resin manufacture is the precursor for LEUNA-Harze GmbH’s chlorine production. Glycerol, a renewable raw material, is used for the synthesis of epichlorohydrin.

Durch die weitere Nutzung dieser Webseite erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies einverstanden.

Mehr Informationen unter: Datenschutz